Board Volunteer Opportunities
Make a Difference…Volunteer
Educational Community Alliance Credit Union is looking for members who want to put their experience and talents to work for a good cause. We are seeking qualified volunteers who want to make a difference in their Credit Union by serving on the Board of Directors; and YOU may be just the person we need!
Check out the description below for what’s entailed and if interested, please contact Beth Carpenter at [email protected] or (419) 381-2323 (x 101) to learn more and apply today!
Board of Director – Position Description
The Board is responsible for establishing the strategic direction for the Credit Union. In addition, the Board is responsible for setting policies and ensuring that such policies are properly implemented in accordance with the credit union charter, By-Laws, all applicable federal and state laws and sound business practices.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends all regular and special meetings of the Board of Directors, meeting at least monthly, and the annual planning session.
- Participates on Board committees where necessary.
- Amends the credit union By-Laws ,subject to the supervising authority, as appropriate.
- Hires, fixes duties and compensation for and evaluates the performance of the President/CEO.
- Appoints a Supervisory Committee, which is responsible for making or causing to be made all appropriate audits and checks plus ensuring the committee is properly functioning.
- Maintains all business affairs and affairs of its members in a confidential manner.
- Fills vacancies on the Board and Board committees as prescribed by the By-Laws and/or Board policies.
- Holds an Annual Meeting of the membership and presents a report of the Board of Directors’ activities.
EXPECTATIONS OF DIRECTORS:
In addition to the above, volunteers serving on the Board of Directors, by election or appointment, are expected to:
- Must be a member of the Educational Community Alliance Credit Union for at least 2 years.
- Be a member in good standing with Educational Community Alliance Credit Union (i.e. not in arrears with loans and/or VISA and have no outstanding fees).
- Be unconditionally eligible for bond coverage.
- Cannot be a participant in the decision making nor be part of the official family of any other financial institution.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Must agree to a non-credit check at the expense of the Credit Union.
- Have the ability and desire to attend educational program(s) which assist in the performance of the duties of a Director.
- Have demonstrated desire to learn about the credit union, the duties of its elected/appointed officials, its products and services, and the laws and regulations that govern it.
- Act as a positive ambassador for the credit union and its products and services.
Applicants will be required to submit a 100 words of less bio with their application.
Interested in learning more or applying to volunteer for the Board? Please contact Beth Carpenter at [email protected] or call (419) 381-2323 (x 101)