Educational Community Alliance Credit Union understands the importance of security and we value your peace of mind.
10/16/2020 – We recently learned that Toledo Public Schools experienced a data breach. We have had no data breaches or aware of any cyber threats at Educational Community Alliance Credit Union.
If you have concerns, we encourage you to review your account activity for suspicious and/or unauthorized transactions. If you identify anything suspicious, reach out to us immediately and we will help you to file a dispute. If you notify us within 60 days from when unauthorized or suspicious activity appears on your statement, we can start the dispute process.
Also, you may want to notify credit bureaus of a possible breach of information. They can place a temporary freeze on your credit.
- Equifax 888-548-7878 www.equifax.com
- TransUnion 800-916-8800 www.transunion.com
- Experian 888-397-3742 www.experian.com
Some additional resources:
- Learn more about our Online Banking and Mobile Banking services that allow you to monitor your accounts 24/7.
- Mobile banking app – Our mobile app allows you to check your balances, recent transaction, and much more right from your smartphone.
- CardValet debit card management app puts the control of your debit card in your hands.
- Get your free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com. Check for any accounts or charges you don’t recognize.
- Visit FTC.gov for tips and advice.
- CreditKarma – Offers free credit scores, reports, and insights.
Cybersecurity Tips & Resources (provided by the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency – CISA):
- Cybersecurity at Work Tip Sheet
- Cybersecurity While Traveling Tip Sheet
- Identity Theft & Internet Scams Tip Sheet
- E-Skimming Tip Sheet
- Internet of Things Tip Sheet
- Multi-factor Authentication Tip Sheet
- Online Privacy Tip Sheet
- Passwords Tip Sheet
- Phishing Tip Sheet
- Protecting Your Digital Home Tip Sheet
- Social Media Cybersecurity Tip Sheet