Educational Community Alliance Credit Union understands the importance of security and we value your peace of mind.
12/14/2022 – Please be aware that we have been notified of a text/email scam that has reached our team, members, and other financial institutions.
If you receive a message similar to the one shown to the right, this is NOT from our fraud department. Please be on the look out for this kind of message and do not interact with it. The message was sent from someone outside of our organization, yet is displaying the name of someone from within the organization. This often happens in phishing attempts. Please only interact with messages if you know its sourceand that the content is safe. If you ever receive a message and have concerns, please contact the credit union directly. Great job to the members that spotted these fraudulent messages and reported them to us so we could make others aware! The threat of these type of scams is particularly high during the holidays but you should always be on the look out.
Want to receive regularly updated cybersecurity tips and resources delivered right to your inbox? Subscribe for a FREE monthly newsletter on the latest security information. Simply visit our Security Center to sign-up today!
If you ever have concerns regarding the safety of your accounts, we encourage you to review your account activity for suspicious and/or unauthorized transactions. If you identify anything suspicious, reach out to us immediately and we will help you to file a dispute. If you notify us within 60 days from when unauthorized or suspicious activity appears on your statement, we can start the dispute process.
Also, you may want to notify credit bureaus of a possible breach of information. They can place a temporary freeze on your credit.
- Equifax 888-548-7878 www.equifax.com
- TransUnion 800-916-8800 www.transunion.com
- Experian 888-397-3742 www.experian.com
Some additional resources:
- Learn more about our Online Banking and Mobile Banking services that allow you to monitor your accounts 24/7.
- Mobile banking app – Our mobile app allows you to check your balances, recent transaction, and much more right from your smartphone.
- CardValet debit card management app puts the control of your debit card in your hands. Simply search “CardValet” in your device’s app store.
- Get your free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com. Check for any accounts or charges you don’t recognize.
- Visit FTC.gov for tips and advice.
- CreditKarma – Offers free credit scores, reports, and insights.
Cybersecurity Tips & Resources (provided by the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency – CISA):
- Cybersecurity at Work Tip Sheet
- Cybersecurity While Traveling Tip Sheet
- Identity Theft & Internet Scams Tip Sheet
- E-Skimming Tip Sheet
- Internet of Things Tip Sheet
- Multi-factor Authentication Tip Sheet
- Online Privacy Tip Sheet
- Passwords Tip Sheet
- Phishing Tip Sheet
- Protecting Your Digital Home Tip Sheet
- Social Media Cybersecurity Tip Sheet